Tuesday 29 November 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on my TBR list for Winter



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish which I am taking part in. 

It has been quite a while since I did a Top Ten Tuesday but decided this was a nice one to join in on and read the other blogs for some more reading ideas. Anyway, the Top Ten Books on my TBR list for winter are below:

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
I just read The Hunger Games last week so this book has moved up high on my TBR list now, I just hope I  enjoy this book as much.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Yes, I enjoyed The Hunger Games so much that I know the third book will also be easily read this Winter.

The Expanse by J.M. Dillard
This is the next novel in my Star Trek reading challenge and I am looking forward to read it and push on towards at least completing the Enterprise novels sooner rather than later.

City of Pearl by Karen Traviss
This is the last book in the Women of Sci-Fi Book challenge that I have been reading over 2011 and I am looking forward to it. I just hope some of the challenges I join in 2012 reveal some other interesting reads.

The Two Faces of Tomorrow by James P. Hogan
This is actually the first book I am reading in the 2012 Sci-Fi challenge I have joined and I am excited about what it could hold. This is supposedly quite a hard sci-fi novel which is a sub-genre I haven't read in a while.

Port of Errors by Steve V Cypert
This is a book that I have been asked to review that looks rather interesting. This adventure novel set around pirates and the seas should hopefully keep me hooked.

Containment by Christian Cantrell 
I won this book in a competition and picked it because it was the highest selling low value Sci-Fi ebook on Amazon at the time. It sounded like I might enjoy it and hopefully there was a good reason why it was selling well on the charts at the times.

Project Ultra by James Michael White
This is another book I have been asked to review but this one sounded like it might be an enjoyable paranormal thriller. Set in the 1940's it follows the intelligence agencies using psychics to combat each other.

The Last Man on Earth Club by Paul R. Hardy
This book sounded very interesting in that it follows the last people alive being rescued from parallel worlds where an apocalypse has occured. I just don't know how well this will work but I look forward to finding out.

Monster Story by McCarty Griffin
This will probably be the next book I actually read and as I haven't read a good horror story in ages I hope that I will enjoy this. There is nothing in the dark cold nights than curling up with a good scary book. As long as my wife is also there to help keep me warm!!

Anyway, is there anything interesting in your own TBR list for Winter? Anything I should maybe check out? Let me know!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. City of Pearl looks and sounds good!

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hunger Games trilogy blew me away!! Have you seen the movie trailer yet? It gave me shivers and got me ten times more excited about the books!

    Top Ten Tuesday @ Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all sound great, but I would love to read The Last man on Earth club.
    Here's my Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth D:
    Yeah City of Pearl should hopefully be a good read.

    Kelly:
    It was the movie trailer that made me finally pick up the book and read it.

    GF Book Mom:
    The Last Man on Earth Club really does sound like it could be a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh yes, do read Catching Fire & Mockingjay (although I do prefer Catching Fire). This series is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catching Fire was my favorite, but I loved them all! Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete